Tuesday 9 September 2014

GAGA ABOUT BEAUTY : CHARLOTTE TILBURY DOES THE 90S TREND




First up, apologies for the line across the first photo. I don't know where it came from, but by the time these photos were uploaded this look was long bioderma-ed off my face and the other options, extreeeme close ups, were scary to say the least. I also don't know where I thought I was looking in both of these pictures, but clearly not at the camera. Anyway. I'm a huge fan of Charlotte Tilbury as an artist so I knew I would love her makeup range with it launched, and I've been building a steady collection of it over the past year. This has only expanded rather quickly with the launch of a counter here in Leeds Harvey Nichols. Here I pieced a few of my favourite bits together to share my take on the much hyped 90's trend...

On the eyes I used the 'Colour Chameleon' pencil in Dark Pearl, the option suggested for brown eyes. I'm lucky that I have hazel eyes, meaning I can wear the shadows for brown, green and hazel eyes depending on how I feel that day (although really anyone could wear any). I love this rose-toned shimmery taupe, and the formula of these is just spot on. Super creamy but doesn't budge after about ten seconds, plus as a pencil its easy to swipe, blend, and go, on the go. I also added some of Charlotte's 'Rock n Kohl' eye pencil in Barbarella Brown to the waterline.
For the lips, I first lined with 'Lip Cheat' in Iconic Nude. This is a darker than I expected when I purchased it, but I really love it. I cringe to type this, but it's got that Kylie Jenner thang going on (not again). On top I used what is possibly my all time favourite nude- Charlotte's K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Nude Kate, a winner in colour, formula and staying power. It's slightly lighter and more satin than the liner, but makes a perfect match, and has been my go-to all summer. Pouts at the ready!


I haven't indulged in any face products yet, but I have the 'Wonderglow' primer and 'Filmstar Bronze and Glow' on my lust list. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

What do you think of this look? What products do you love from Charlotte Tilbury?
Charlotte x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric