Tuesday 15 April 2014

beautiful london


As you'll probably know last week I took a little weekend trip to London to visit my best friend, and we had a perfect few days exploring, drinking Prosecco, eating amazing foods (see this post) and most importantly shopping!
It seems in the last six months I've been turned into the typical blogger, and ended up getting on the train with a shopping list as long as my arm of things you can only get in London, or not many places. Of course I picked up a few more accessible things on my trip too.


My first stop was Selfridges. I managed to make it from Kings Cross to Hammersmith via the Selfridges Beauty Hall in just over an hour, woman on a mission, so much that a lady actually said to me 'You seem to know what you've come for'. I did. I picked up a copy of Allure Magazine, something I've been dying to read for ageeees now. I mean, a magazine only about beauty, hello! I also picked up some Muji drawers, pictured above, which I have been playing with and rearanging ever since.

Next stop was Inglot, a store I've been dreaming about since first hearing about it. I'm a sucker for a pallette, so being able to walk around and put pretty much any combination of products together was like heaven to me. I picked up a gorgeous matte blush and three brown-grey shades of shadow, as well as fluffy applicator brush which reminded me of my beloved Mac 239. At £27.50, the pallette was much cheaper than Mac's similar offering and just as impressive quality, if not more. I can't wait to try more of their products next time I'm down there, I especially liked the look of the eye pigments. 

Then we headed to Kiko, another pro brand that is only available in London, but one I've heard really good things about. Unlike Inglot I had no idea what I wanted in here, but after a long chat with the really helpful assistant and picking up about a hundred different things, I walked away with a really glossy gel-effect top coat, which I really am loving, and a super-long eye pencil in a creamy dark brown which stays put once applied. Love it!

Another trip to Selfridges with more time to browse and I finally managed to get my hands on the Charlotte Tilbury Makeup Bag I've been lusting after for a long time. I've attempted to buy this before, but it always seem out of stock. Well now it's mine. I also like to pretend that the CT actually stands for me instead, ha!

I then headed to the less exclusive Mac, which we all know I buy from regularly, and picked up a blush in Gingerley, a beautiful matte bronzy shade that blends seamlessly with a sculpted look to add a subtle colour pop, and also the cult Soft and Gentle highlighter because I just had to try it. I also rather impulsively purchased Fix+, something I've heard mixed reviews of and just wanted to try. I wish I'd only bought the travel size now though, I'm not all that impressed, mainly because it sprays in random directions, and simply doesn't match up to Urban Decay's All Nighter which I really love. Finally, I picked up a silver palette from the Pro Store for my mum, really quite pointless as you can use the back of your hand but I know she saw them used in store and liked the idea, so I picked it up as part of a belated Mother's Day gift. It's the thought that counts eh?

My Inglot Pallete *heart eyes emoji*

And that completes my London beauty haul. I didn't do too bad I don't think, and managed to restrain myself from buying any lipsticks! Virtual pats on the back welcome. 

Have you had any hauls lately? What do you think of my purchases? Have you tried any of these products or have any recommendations for my next trip?

Love Charlotte
xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric