Thursday 2 January 2014

post party season pamper....




So it's the second of January, you're finally coming out of a week-long hangover that got even worse yesterday and you've eaten enough chocolate to last you a life time. You've had one too many late nights, a few too many glasses of wine, and if you're anything like me fell into bed a few too many times with a full face of makeup and woke up in last nights party dress. Yesterday you couldn't imagine getting out of bed ever again. But today, today is when you decide to get your life back in order, and this starts with a facial.

My routine of choice at the moment starts with a good ol' cleanse with my trusty Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. Call me boring, but I love this stuff! Next I finally got my hands on some of the Una Brennan range this Christmas, and I have loved using the Pore Purifying Clay Mask, it really has drawn the impurities out of my skin (although be warned, it brought out a few blemishes the first time I used it as I've been very naughty with my skin lately). After I've drawn all the nasties out, I like to buff away any dead and dull skin with a gentle scrub. I always go gentle as I don't like the idea of really tugging and scrubbing my face, and  another recent purchase I'm really enjoying is the Sanctuary Brightening Radiance Exfoliator as its grains are quite soft and accompanied by a lovely gel formula. Next I'd go for the Una Brennan Rose Intense Moisture Mask, which you leave on for five minutes then wash off for plumped skin, not to mention it's super purse-friendly and mahoosive. Washing off a product to moisturise is something I still can't get my head around, but hey, if it works who am I to question? Finally I like to seal all the goodness in with a really deep intense moisturise sesh that will soak in overnight. Hydraluron to up the benefits, a trusty eye cream ( Origins GinZing my current choice) and the absolutely gorgeously thick and luxurious Origins Make a Difference Plus really indulge my skin and make it super soft!

And Presto!, rejuvenated skin will be yours! You wouldn't have to use all these products, even a nice cleanse and heavy moisturise while watching a girly rom-com (I recommend Pretty Woman, always) is super relaxing, or you can go all out and indulge in a bubble bath, hair mask and nice hand and foot cream, mmmm. 

All thats left to say is a belated Happy New Year!

Love Charlotte 
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Liz Earle C&P is not boring at all, I love it! I've not tried anything by Una Brennan, I might have to pick up that mask!

    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear by it too, it's just all I ever bang on about! I'm really loving it and have heard rave reviews about the cleansing oils too, they're next on my list! Xxx

      Delete
  2. You know I've never tried cleanse and polish. I know I should, but I tend to stick to one cleanser. I love a bit of sanctuary though.
    And happy New Year love. Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us this year xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'd really recommend it over anything! Usually the staff are really nice and let you try without pressuring you, although you can get mini ones for around a fiver too if you wanted to try it for a while.
      Happy New Year too, thanks for your support last year and excited to see more posts from you soon!
      Charlotte xxx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric