Sunday 26 January 2014

cream of the eye-tool crop






Everything you need to create the perfect eye look...

1. The packer-on-er: The MAC 239 is one of the best makeup brushes I own, there's nothing that gets colour onto the lid quite like it. This is one of those tools that lets you buy cheaper makeup as you get more pigment bang for your buck, if you get me. I also like to use the sides for crease-work.

2. The one to have if you only have one: The MAC 217 is famous throughout the beauty world, and for good reason. Nothing, and I mean nothing, can blend shadow out like this can, and it's not half bad for application either. This is so good, I want another just because I love it so much. Smokey eyes made fool-proof.

3. The angled brush: Perfect for filling brows or applying gel eyeliners. I couldn't get to grips with gel eyeliner until this TOPSHOP beauty came along, and at £4 its super-bargainous. This one's a really good multi-tasker and an essential if you crave power brows or feline flicks.

4. The under-eye smudger: Two options here, a traditional tiny smudger like the MAC 228 (not a cheap option though) or a spongey smudger like this RUBY AND MILLIE one (no longer on sale but there's loads of alternatives out there). These are perfect for smudging out eyeliner for a smokey look or the 228 in particular for applying eyeshadow under the eye and very directly in the crease too. 

5. The liner brush: An alternative to the angled brush. In all fairness you don't need both, but do you really want to risk a liner/brow powder mix up? Didn't think so. This CLINIQUE one is super tiny and perfect for lining the top and bottom of the eye. I also think the REAL TECHNIQUES ones are just as good. 

All of these can be found in variations from different brands to suit your budget, although I do (unfortunately) believe that when it comes to tools, you get what you pay for. And, as I said, the better the tool usually the more you can get away with cheaper products and still achieve a flawless look. I'm always on the look-out for good dupes though, so if you know of any, especially of my beloved 217, please please let me know!

Charlotte
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Ah so jealous of your brushes! Especially the Mac ones as they look awesome. What a great post, I'd never really thought about this before. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      As much as I hate to say it, I couldn't live without my mac brushes now! Thanks, thinking of doing more brush posts soon! Xxx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric