Friday 27 September 2013

My Favourites: Urban Decay Primer Potion






It's time for another all time favourites post, yey!! Today it's a makeup post, and a product I use pretty much every single day - Urban Decay's Primer Potion in 'Sin'. I'm a firm believer that when it comes to eye products, with the exception of mascara, you can't beat Urban Decay for quality, pigmentation and longevity. And one of the products that ensures this longevity, and a crease free eyeshadow look all day is this primer. I used to buy this solely in the original colour free shade, which I love to, but when new colours were released I switched to sin as I love the finish on it's own and wear it as a shadow too. 
You need the tiniest tiniest amount of product to cover each eye and keep eyeshadow in place, so one of these tubes will probably last you around a year if you use it every day and for £15, that's really not bad. I've pictured the shimmering 'sin' shade here, but the original or 'Eden' shade are perfect for keeping concealer in place to hide those blemishes all day too!
To make this even more of a holy grail product, applying one of these primers before eyeshadows seems to make them even more pigmented, so even if you're not looking to extend the life of your eye makeup this is a winner for making your eyeshadow look impressively high-end. If I had one niggle, and it really is a niggle, is that (as you can see) the words on the packaging do rub off slightly, but really, is this a real problem? 


(Easily two eyes worth applied onto the hand...)

(...And then rubbed in)

As you can see 'Sin' is a nice pinky rose gold colour, but there's also the clear 'Original' on offer, a fleshy toned 'Eden' and golden shimmery 'Greed', so you can pick which suits you, but look out for free sample offers at your local counter as travel-size primer potions are always being given away with purchases. 

This is one of those products that while I'd love to try a different eye primer, I always end up coming back to Urban Decay and getting another one of these, and when I do pluck up the courage to try something new I'm always left dissapointed and going back to my old eye hero. If you was to try one new primer, eye product, or high end splurge this month, make it this, but I warn you, you'll be hooked!

As always I'd love to hear your comments and questions, I reply to them all!
Lot of love,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric